Used CaravansLewis RV has a range of quality used caravans for sale and can help you select the best van for your next adventure.
Our range of used RVs
2014 Retreat Hamilton
2022 Crusader Excalibur Castle
2023 Crusader Musketeer Porthos
2010 Bushtracker Bunk
2022 Crusader Connection
2020 JB Caravans Gator
2021 Jayco Lark
Quality used caravans ready for your next adventure
- Full sized – used caravans for sale. Full framed vans with a solid roof and sides, and glass or acrylic windows. They feature generous living and storage spaces, various bed combinations and some have extra amenities such as shower compartments. There are also a range of small caravans with a shower and toilet available at Lewis RV.
- Pop top– Smaller and lighter vans with a lower centre of gravity for easier towing. The roof can be raised or lowered to fit space requirements and the design allows for good ventilation.
- Camper trailer– Using a wind-up mechanism to open and set up living space, camper trailers are a compact, lightweight and economical accommodation solution. Ideal for towing behind medium sized vehicles, there are a number of styles available.
- Off road caravans – Featuring strong framework, heavy duty suspension and rust resistance these vans are built tough for rugged conditions. Depending on the model features will include spare wheels, extra gas and jerry can holders and additional water tanks for outback travel.
Get the right advice to find a used caravan that is right for you
Used caravans for sale are an ideal solution for travellers looking for quality vans and features within a set budget.
Start by deciding what type of van you need, including factors such as bedding requirements, comfort features, towing and storage capabilities, purchase and operating costs and ease of maintenance.
Our friendly and expert staff can advise on:
- The types of used caravans available for sale and the right model and style for your requirements
- The importance of suspension, gas and power systems and how they work
- Which accessories you may need
- Details of paperwork including finance, insurance and warranties
- Safely towing your van, vehicle suitability and caravanning tips
- Servicing and maintenance for trouble free travel
- Advice for owners & best ways to sell their caravan
Used Caravan FAQs
When trying to budget for a second hand caravan, motorhome or camper, you need to factor in the following:
Not all used caravans come with warranties, but some do. It's best to ask the seller before making a purchase. Most dealerships offer warranties on used caravans, which is one of the main advantages of buying used from a dealer.
Used caravans can be a great way to get started in the caravanning lifestyle, but it's important to be aware of the risks involved in buying a used caravan. Here are some tips for ensuring you make a safe purchase:
- Check the condition of the caravan carefully. Look for signs of water damage, structural damage, and rust.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of what is included in the sale. Some sellers may try to sell you an incomplete caravan, so be sure to check that everything you need is included in the sale.
- Regardless of whether you are buying from a dealer or a private seller, you need to make sure your seller is reputable. Do they have a positive seller rating? Is the dealer reputable?
- Make sure the warranty terms are presented to you clearly. For example, for off road caravans, check that they are covered to be taken on off road terrains.
- Is the caravan’s weight within the limit for your vehicle? You won’t be able to tow the caravan if it’s too heavy for it.
Yes, many lenders offer rates for used caravan purchases. Our sales team here at Lewis RV are also on hand to assist you with any finance queries.
Yes, used caravans require maintenance. Just like a new caravan, a used caravan will need an annual service and check-up to keep it in good condition.
Some of the things that should be checked during an annual service include the water system, gas system, brakes, tyres and wheels, and lighting. It's also a good idea to check the interior and exterior of the caravan for any damage or signs of wear and tear. If any repairs are required, they should be carried out as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
A used caravan can last a long time if it is well-maintained, making them an attractive option for those who don’t have the budget for a brand new caravan. Caravans that are not well-maintained may only last for a few years. Some things that you can do to help prolong the life of your caravan include regularly cleaning, checking the tyres and brakes, and taking your caravan for routine services and inspections.
Once you purchase a used caravan from our dealership, our team will take you through everything you need to know. Here are some things you need to consider:
- Set up the tow ball on your car
- Organise caravan insurance
- Replace or fix any broken parts
- Prepare to embark on your first caravan adventure!
Not necessarily. It depends on the caravan. On occasion, private sellers may have cheaper prices, but they may also be selling a caravan that is in poor condition or needs repairs. Caravans sold by dealers usually have been inspected and serviced by the dealer, so you can be sure that it is in good condition and doesn't need any repairs. Therefore, a privately sold used caravan could end up costing a lot more in the long run.
Hit the open road
New to caravanning or an experienced traveller, you’ll find everything you need at Lewis RV. Contact us today for sales, spares and accessories, maintenance, installations, servicing and more.